Monday, May 23, 2011

Letting go

This post is a bit personal, but I have no problem sharing my experiences both positive and negative especially since this is a topic that pretty much everyone can relate to. However, I won't be hurt if you decide to skip this one, I think it's more for me than anyone.

Light at the end of the tunnel...



I've recently had to let go of someone I love very much. Doing this easily ranks as one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. When going through such an event it seems so easy to feel lost, lonely, and torn down. Almost as if we've had a piece of our life crumbled into dust and taken by a passing breeze.

The last 6 months of my life have been filled with so many ups and downs. I now find myself living in Hawaii and completely surrounded by the unknown and way outside my comfort zone. However, instead of feeling vulnerable I feel empowered. Being pushed to the edge of what we think our limits are puts us in a position to see how capable we are as individuals. Had someone a year ago handed me a script of my life, I would not have believed I would be where I am today. I'm impressed with myself.

Letting go of someone I love is certinaly difficult, but I'm finding that it's up to me to discover the positive things from the loss. I've learned so much about myself because of this relationship, and I will be able to apply this knowledge in any future relationship that might arise. I'm ready, and excited for what's to come.

I know that it's not going to be easy, and I wouldn't want it to be. Struggling makes us stronger, so long as we don't give up and keep fighting. The best part, is that I know I did everything I could and I will never lose sleep knowing I did all I could. Eventually we find the light at the end of the tunnel and realize the struggle is what makes life worth living. I'm excited to move on with this knowledge knowing that not only will I benefit from this, but someday somebody very close to me will benefit from this as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment